©MWIKE NRW/Udo Geisler
Jury MUT – DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW
The agony of choice: An eight-member jury chaired by Professor Christine Volkmann, holder of the chair in Business Creation and Economic Development at the University of Wuppertal, sifts through all the submissions, decides on ten nominees and determines the winners of MUT – DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW. Here is the 2023 jury.
Criteria include the following
- commercial success
- the number of jobs created
- the creativity of the business idea
- the compatibility of family life and work commitments
- the acceptance of environmental responsibility and social commitment
Prof. Dr. Christine K. Volkmann
- University of Wuppertal
- Holder of the UNESCO chair in Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Management
- Holder of the chair in Business Creation and Economic Development
- Chairwoman of the Board of the Jackstädt Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research
NRW has a high potential for start-ups. One of the main intentions of MUT – DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW is to tap into this potential and thus contribute to the sustainable development of society. We are looking forward to innovative start-ups again this year.
- Director of the Rhineland division of the funding advisory organisation NRW.BANK
Creative business ideas, courage, digitization and innovations are moving North Rhine-Westphalia forward. In 2023, we will once again support and promote this with MUT - DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW. Apply and be part of it, it's very simple.
Dr. Meike Rabanus
- Head of the Department of Company Start-Ups, STARTERCENTER NRW
- Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Action and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
MUT - DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW is one of the most highly endowed competitions in Germany. It also provides a great stage for founders and shows how diverse and lively the start-up scene in North Rhine-Westphalia is.
- Co-founder of Unigy GmbH and winner of GRÜNDERPREIS NRW 2022
Winning the GRÜNDERPREIS NRW 2022 was the opportunity for us to bring the topic of renewable energies onto the big stage. I can say: Having MUT (courage) is worth it. As a juror this year, I am very pleased to give other companies the opportunity to place their innovative business models in the public eye.
- Head of Department at the commercial management consultancy for the Düsseldorf Chamber of Crafts
Successive entrepreneurs give established companies perspective on the future. They demonstrate courage and come with fresh ideas – similar to a start-up. It’s therefore only fair for effective successors to also have a chance to win the GRÜNDERPREIS NRW 2021 award.
- Regional Group Spokesperson NRW of SEND e.V. (Social Entrepreneurship Network Germany)
SEND gives a voice to the social enterprise sector. MUT - DER GRÜNDUNGSPREIS NRW can help to create visibility and build bridges from social welfare oriented enterprises to the economy, civil society and welfare.
- Deputy Managing Director Bergische IHK (Chamber of Commerce)
- Deputy political spokesman for business start-ups and business support of Chambers of Commerce in NRW
- Managing Director of the Junior Chamber North Rhine-Westphalia
Those who set up a business are taking a risk. By doing so, they get the amazing opportunity to realise their vision, make their dreams a reality and simply to show what they are capable of. The GRÜNDERPREIS NRW 2021 rewards the courage of these founders and presents them as role models. These role models are important for motivating even more people to dare to follow the path towards autonomy.
- Managing Director of the Rheinisch-Bergische Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft mbH (RBW)
- Partner in the STARTERCENTER NRW Rhein-Berg/Leverkusen
- Vice Chairman of the Association of Business Development and Development Companies in North Rhine-Westphalia (VWE NRW)
Inspiration, passion and, of course, MUT (courage) - much of this can be found in the unique start-up stories in NRW. The economic development agencies support the regional start-up ecosystems. Through the efficient interaction of founders, educational institutions, companies, investors, customers and regional funding, we create a successful basis for sustainable growth and innovation.